Safeguarding in Urgent and Emergency Care Conference7th September 2018
Free CPD Conference: Safeguarding for the Urgent and Emergency Healthcare Sector
Thursday 8th November 2018: Washington Suite, The Imperial Hotel, Blackpool
UPDATE – GREAT NEWS! (updated: 24/10/2018)
More tickets released! To book your space please go to: https://bit.ly/2D78zWA
FCMS (NW) Ltd and PDS Medical are working in partnership with NHS England to host the first National Safeguarding Conference especially for the Urgent and Emergency Healthcare sector.
The event will be chaired by Dr. Mark Spencer. Mark is a co-founder of NHS Collaborate and clinical lead for primary care transformation within the Lancashire and South Cumbria STP
Recent research suggests nearly 40% of out of hours appointments serve the poorest 20% of society.
Poverty has long been associated with poor physical and mental health in both adults and children and research has consistently revealed a strong association between family poverty and a child’s chance of suffering child abuse or neglect. Adverse events in childhood, including abuse and neglect, are associated with a negative effect on adult economic circumstances.
With the new Safeguarding Partnerships, multi-agency working is more relevant than ever before but brings its own challenges in establishing where roles and responsibilities begin and end. With the current emphasis on wellbeing, we will also seek to establish best practice in promoting the wellbeing of staff working in this sector.
This is why we are hosting the first Safeguarding Conference specifically for urgent and out of hours healthcare sector. We want to ensure safeguarding is more than a tick box training exercise and to define the standards for our sector; empowering leaders to set up safeguarding communities of practice in their organisations.
Our theme is “It’s not hidden; you just aren’t looking?” and will seek to highlight a number of current themes and issues currently facing our sector.
Confirmed Speakers include:
- Kenny Gibson, Head of Safeguarding NHS England (in place of Catherine Randall): The Legislative Landscape and Safeguarding Developments within Primary Care
- Detective Superintendent Ian Whitehead, Head of Public Protection, Lancashire Police:A Police Perspective:The changing landscape and multi-agency working
- Janine Hurley, national expert on public sector wellbeing: Safeguarding the Safeguarders: Staff wellbeing in urgent and emergency care
- Paul Burnside, Centre for Expertise on Child Sexual Abuse: The Night time Economy
- Ella O’Brian from the Truth Project (IICA): Supporting Victims of Historical Sexual Abuse
- Rod Steele from Gang Master and Labour Abuse Authority: The scope and scale of human trafficking and accessing healthcare
- Doug Melia from Safer Handling – Dealing with Safeguarding Taboo’s
Please note the speakers may be subject to change without prior notice
The aim of the day:
- To raise the profile of safeguarding in the urgent and emergency care sector and better understand the work of our partner agencies in our context.
- For you to leave with improved knowledge and understanding of the incoming Local Safeguarding Partnerships/ tripartite approach and an increased confidence in partnership working and to enable safeguarding leads to to set up safeguarding communities of practice in their own organisation.
Who Should Attend:
- Safeguarding Directors, Safeguarding Managers, Safeguarding Leads, Clinicians, Training and Development professionals, Quality and Risk Professionals, CCG Leads, Primary Care Leaders, anyone with a professional interest in safeguarding within the urgent and emergency care sectors.
How to book on:
- To book your space on this event please go to: https://bit.ly/2D78zWA
Directions to The Imperial Hotel, North Promenade, Blackpool, FY1 2HB
From junction 32 of the M6 North and South, follow the M55 towards Blackpool. Leave the M55 at junction 4 and follow the signs for the North Shore. Drive through the town centre until you reach the sea, turn right at the North Pier and you will find the hotel half a mile on the right hand side.
Parking: 150 spaces (free parking for Conference guests)
Nearest airport: Manchester International – 58.6 miles
Nearest train station: Blackpool North – 0.6 miles
Nearest bus stop: Within walking distance (via Blackpool Transport local bus service)
Hotel Rooms: A discounted rate of £75 double occupancy, £65 single occupancy is available on hotel rooms, please contact The Imperial directly quoting Safeguarding in Urgent and Emergency Care conference.
Cancellation If you can no longer attend, we would rather someone came in your place than you didn’t attend at all. We have some great speakers who have some genuinely interesting things to say and it would be a shame for that to be wasted. Events like this also cost a lot of money and as a charitable event it is purely funded by our kind sponsors, as such if you book a ticket and do not attend then we will need to charge a £100 cancellation / non-attendance fee. However, if you would like to send someone in your place then please email email@example.com the change of details and we will be happy to transfer the ticket to someone else.
If you can no longer attend the event but cannot find anyone to go in your place, please email us, giving us as much notice as possible, and we will open your ticket up again and endeavour to reallocate it for you. If we can find a placement attendee for your ticket then we will happily waiver the cancellation fee.